The client’s vision was to design a facility with a clean, professional, and calm environment that is easy on the eye and goes hand in hand with the clinic’s vision. The strategy results from close cooperation with the client, a couple of young enthusiastic doctors whose main requirement was to work in a fresh and innovative environment.
We were assigned facility planning for the doctors’ clinic along with interior design, MEP coordination, and execution assistance.
Technical Specifications of the Project
|Scope of Work||Facility planning for the following spaces.|
Other areas of scope of work were Architectural & Healthcare Consultancy, Interior Design, MEP Design, Execution Assistance
|Project Team||Principal Architect – Ar. Kshititi Nagarkar|
Project Head – Ar. Vidhi Shah
Project Team – Mr. Rishikesh Phadtare
Our Approach to Executing the Healthcare Clinic Project
Three main areas define the project:
- The reception area connected to the waiting room
- A corridor leading to the consulting rooms
- Diagnostic areas, Grossing rooms, Laboratory, etc.
We based our healthcare centre design on two key themes:
- Fresh and friendly environment
- Privacy is Paramount
Focal Elements of the Project
- The reception desk is both aesthetically pleasing and practical. It is linked to the corridor next to it, allowing the receptionist to control both patients and medical staff.
- Starting at this point, a dynamic light leads to the 2 Consulting rooms, each of them defined by different schemes compared to other areas to make them stand out as a designated space for doctors.
Salient Features of This Project.
- In terms of material, the aim was to convey a calm atmosphere with fresh and clean surfaces, essential elements for healthcare design.
- This serene atmosphere is accentuated by the welcoming design of the reception desk.
- The main door is hidden behind a highlighter wall.
- The artificial lighting is based on the type of activity and medical devices used in each room, and the blackout curtain system shades natural light.
- The facility is designed to draw attention to the blue tint, which makes it stand out in the overall white hue, accentuating a calm ambiance, which is a core aim when designing healing spaces.
Our Achievements through This Project
When we begin the design process for hospitals or healthcare centres, we always ensure:
- Attention to minute details
- Choice of durable materials
- Combination of beauty and efficiency.
We are pleased to note that through our vast experience in strategic design and planning for healthcare clinics and hospitals, we managed to create a space that facilitated a smooth relationship between public and isolated spaces at APEX Oncocare and Diagnostic Centre.