To create one of its kind Bone Marrow Transplant Facility in Mumbai. The management and Dr’s team at Fortis Mulund wanted to make this facility in a way that is patient centric. As BMT patients have a longer isolation periods and low immunity, maintaining sterile environment in the room was of utmost importance. Hence the client wanted us to design spaces that are sterile, easy to maintain and yet aesthetically appealing to patients as they would be isolated for long period of time.
Technical Specifications of the Project
|Scope of Work||Facility planning for the following spaces.|
Other areas of scope of works were Architectural & Healthcare Consultancy, Interior Design, MEP Design, Execution Assistance
|Project Team||Principal Architect – Ar. Kshititi Nagarkar|
Project Head – Ar. Sneha Rananaware
Project Team – Ar. Miral Dharod
Our Approach for Executing the Project
- Stage wise planning and designing of the project was carried out after discussing and finalizing with management, as well as doctors team so that all thoughts and ideas could be reviewed before incorporating in the design.
- All the technical and Functional aspects were considered while designing, keeping in mind the physical care needed for a BMT Patient.
- The interiors were designed in such a way that it helps to soothe the patient and as well as create interest during the long hours of isolation. Very minute details were considered to enhance the visual appeal and ambience of the room.
Salient Features of This Project
- Isolation Rooms were designed with careful planning and detailing. In terms of sterility factors like, air pressure, anti-bacterial / antifungal materials, chamfered edges were installed for ease of maintenance, dust free space and barrier free movement.
- The interiors were designed tastefully via adding a dash of colours through antibacterial paint and laminates, which added a soothing and relaxing feel to the space.
- The project was executed during challenging pandemic times along with JLL as PMC, while following all the necessary protocols in a given timeline of 4 months
Our Achievements through This Project
A spacious, state of the art isolation ward facility for bone marrow transplant patients, which is designed for healing ambience with modern look that caters to mental health of patient, while functionally maintaining all the required technicalities to maintain the required sterile environment that caters to physical health of the patient.